Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break in New Orleans!

This year I'm spending spring break in New Orleans on a trip to literally rebuild homes, tutor middle school kids, and explore an entirely new culture! I'm very excited to be in one of the most exciting cities in America, and I really hope that I can appreciate the wonderful food, sights, and music of the Big Easy.

One of the reasons I'm on this trip is because although Hurricane Katrina was over five years ago, major parts of New Orleans have not recovered yet, and I want to do my part to help rebuild this amazing place. At the same time, I want to forget about the tragic elements of New Orleans and really enjoy all the city has to offer, because it has such a rich history that I want to experience.

Here's to helping to rebuild, eating beignets at Cafe du Monde, and listening to jazz!

French Quarter

No comments:

Post a Comment