Tonight I'm sharing a recipe that got me through finals: delicious and healthy pesto pasta with chicken and green beans. It's a balanced meal in a bowl that has protein and veggies. I recommend getting the fresh Genova pesto from Trader Joe's, but you can make your own if you have fresh basil.
- 1/4 of a package of penne pasta (or any other noodle)
- 2 small, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- parmesan cheese to taste
1) Turn on the stove and set up water to boil for the penne; defrost chicken in a bowl of warm water.
2) Rinse green beans and set aside in a bowl with some water.
3) Let the pasta cook on the stove. When it is done, drain in a colander. Place it back in the pot it was cooked in.
4) Cut up and cook the chicken in some olive oil for a few minutes on each side.
7) Heat green beans in the microwave; then cut up into smaller pieces.
8) Add chicken pieces and cut up string beans into the pot of pasta. Add pesto and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese. Add more parmesan cheese.