Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all, especially my loved ones in NYC! I'm thrilled about my upcoming celebration with my big sister - we will show our sisterly love by going to a Madonna concert at Yankee Stadium in September. In the mean time, I'm also super excited that my other valentine (my lovely, handsome, and thoughtful boyfriend) surprised me with Harry and David chocolates and is visiting me this weekend! Looking forward to using up some Groupons to yummy restaurants to give him a taste of DC!

By the way, last weekend's Galentine's Day sip and swap party/Bridesmaids screening was a success! The below photo of our leftover clothes to donate to a local women's shelter proves it - don't be alarmed by the shadow of our living room chair!

Here are a few fun links to celebrate this highly commercialized-love fest:

Washington Post valentine declarations – romantic reader-submitted, D.C.-themed one-liners (I knew Washingtonians had to have some heart and/or emotion despite all evidence to the contrary based on how our government functions!)

New York Times Modern Love columns – my absolute favorite feature of the Sunday NYT; the perfect accoutrement to the underlying and often-underemphasized foundation for this holiday... actually celebrating our loved ones (as opposed to just buying them gifts, cards, and candy).

How to Say Those Three Little Words Onscreen - I just saw two incredibly different romantic comedies (This Means War, which was fantastic and combined action, comedy, and the buddy system to create a very satisfying film - and The Vow, which based on my expectations, lacked depth in the sense that I was not invested in the characters' love story), and this video features classic and blog-appropriate love scenes
(impressively condensed into four minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment